Friday, October 7, 2022

That would be us - keeping it real


I always used to ensure we went somewhere new for special occasions however that hasn’t been possible in recent times.  On our 25th Wedding Anniversary this year we stayed at home in the Aerie and it turned out to be absolutely perfect. 


An actual wedding photo taken with our two besties who were witnesses and the only people who knew it was happening at the time.... the big reveal was later at a 
surprise reception


Ian was just 3 days short of completing 6 weeks of confinement and was walking and moving more and more freely. He took off without his crutches one night and shocked himself and me. 



But I digress, we stayed home. The day was great. We watched hornbills cavorting on nearby rooftops, for over an hour after breakfast. I read without feeling I should be doing something else for the first time in forever. We talked and laughed lots. Swifty’s sense of humour returned recently along with his ability to move around inside and cook again.



Later in the day I made lotus root salad and noodles in miso soup from homemade “dashi” for dinner. It was so delicious. 


We had bubbles on the terrace, messaged with our Tibetan friend in Bhutan, made travel plans and began to feel whole again. Sounds stupid I suppose but there it is the slow, simple, sustainable and secure lifestyle we aimed for by relocating found us on that day. 

I guess that means, that in a way, I did go somewhere new. That long forgotten space of inner contentment.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment