AUGUST 1st RED: One of the very few things that seem to be always red. Our fire extinguisher sitting in the entranceway and purchased after a series of bad fires in our neighbourhood and thankfully never used
AUGUST 2nd ORANGE: comes with serene, Buddhist blessings in Wat Ounalom in our hood
AUGUST 3rd YELLOW: A fine example of restoration and renovation in our neighborhood. Yellow is the traditional choice for both interiors and exteriors
AUGUST 4th GREEN: A tiny green Buddha that lives in our bedroom
AUGUST 5th BLUE: The sky is the blue everything else that is blue is compared to, in my world. This was taken just over a week ago in Kampot and I love those early morning reflections and cloud patterns
AUGUST 6th PURPLE: is one of my least favourite colours but this detail from the painting Morning Glory Vine by Chea Sereyroth, which was in the gallery we visited today, is very sweet
![]() |
AUGUST 7th PINK: A sofa in a public place I spotted -take a break
AUGUST 8th BROWN: As a mad keen cyclist this caught my attention. What a beauty- the owner was photographing it so I too took the opportunity to do so
AUGUST 9th BLACK: the black of night highlighting the moon and a local sky bar we adore. An archive shot for me but taken a week ago from our terrace and finally a moon shot I love
AUGUST 10th WHITE: I have long admired these artful arrangements of jasmine for altars so after feeling very poorly for about a week I bought myself one today and it has cheered me up no end
AUGUST 11th GREY: stone carvings I spotted in Russian Market this morning
![]() |
AUGUST 12th METALLIC: Just a small selection of the many stainless steel utensils in regular use in our humble kitchen. Cooking up an Asian fusion feast today
AUGUST 13th PASTEL: shades from nature in patterns of a leaf
AUGUST 14th NEON: sign to a little place we know in our neighbourhood
AUGUST 15th MULTICOLOUR: detail of a Chinese scene on a porcelain vase in the temple in Min Sheng Chinese School in our neighbourhood
AUGUST 16th OMBRE: I stumbled upon this painting called the Colors of Memory by Roma in a local gallery today and thought that’s it
AUGUST 17th WARM COLOURS: Our bedding seems to fit the bill
* chosen in Facebook’s Fab Four
AUGUST 18th COOL COLOURS: For a lot of my childhood I hankered for a particular brand of colour pencils that came in an astonishing range of colours and finally some time during my fifties I bought a basic set for myself - these are the cool colours it contains
AUGUST 19th POP OF COLOUR: Today’s $2 flower purchase. Too hard to resist
AUGUST 20th BRIGHT: Street Artist Theo Vallier’s painting titled Remains of Debris from the exhibition, which we saw this morning
AUGUST 21st MUTED: The old,
traditional, wooden shutters against the weathered facade
AUGUST 22nd YOUR FAVE COLOUR: I pretty much have an obsession with both orange and scarves so this is the current collection
* selected on Facebook for this prompt
AUGUST 23rd A COLOURFUL PATERN: created with sushi by a vendor at the Walking Street tonight but it’s certainly not the colours I associate with sushi
![]() |
AUGUST 24th TWO COLOURS: a small detail from the exhibition by Ponleau we visited this morning
* WOW … this was a Fabber
AUGUST 25th RAINBOW: Well I didn’t spot one today as this is not the season, but I did see a rainbow coloured lion sign. Somehow this rainbow month has evolved into a lot of visual art, however I’m not concerned as I do find it something that always attracts my attention
AUGUST 26th COLOUR IN NATURE: right now the spectacular flowers of the cannonball tree are in bloom across Phnom Penh and there and many such trees in temples, parks and gardens around the city. They are very striking and the name is derived from the hard, brown seed pods, which are the size and shape of coconuts
AUGUST 27th A COLOURFUL OUTFIT: An archive shot from that one time I walked the catwalk for a friend as a part of her final examination in her fashion design course. She designed, painted and constructed it
AUGUST 28th SHAPES IN COLOUR: The tile work scattered among the older colonial buildings here is so stunning, I have to snap shots. Some of it is incredibly well preserved too. Every discovery is a joy hence I have a collection of shots that is ever increasing and this one is from nearby Wat Phnom
AUGUST 29th A COLOURFUL CORNER: the tiny entrance to our apartment that means from the front door you see only this
AUGUST 30th ONE COLOUR: the brilliant yellow of the fresh egg noodles drying on the footpath at the neighbourhood noodle makers’ premises as we walked home from the market this morning is my choice for today
AUGUST 31st NEUTRAL TONES: With my love of wood, basketry and bamboo I knew immediately that this would be the way it went with this prompt. And BTW it took a lot longer to remember where they had to be returned to than it did to round them up in the apartment in the first place
PROMPTS
































No comments:
Post a Comment