Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Departure Diaries 3- Almost there



7/6


Whilst I am not a Buddhist myself, I do find the philosophy very appealing and find the precepts a perfect guide for living a meaningful and mindful life. I also love living in a Buddhist culture and participating in the festivals, rites and rituals, so I’m grateful for the generosity, acceptance, guidance and compassion of my community. 


This is the fifth Buddhist culture I have lived in and I find it deeply calming and reassuring.

In the last 24 hours we have been given a bunch of bananas, custard apples, a couple of blocks of spiced, pressed tofu and 3 avocados. This is the season of plenty. 




This song struck a chord today, when I heard it playing on the radio and I had in fact been outside staring at the stars and thinking about the many things we love and will miss about Kep. 


“Tonight I went out from the kitchen

And looked up at the stars from the yard

I was hoping to get some perspective

But sometimes perspective is hard


I know my life is a blessing

And all blessings come with a curse

My enemies I know I can handle

But friends now, well ……..”


“Every Step of the Way”

Paul Kelley 




8/6

Green lights on the apartment at long, long last. The documents have been issued and now we enter five days of due diligence. 


Of course the lawyer was in Vietnam at the time but he returned and verified that the documentation was genuine with only one additional brief delay of a single day. Driver was booked. Meeting time set. 




Whoo Hoo we are relocating and about to get very busy.

No not by Tuk Tuk though


No comments:

Post a Comment